Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shaved Ice Magic

Last night I painted Prep & Landing's Wayne (tanned) and a sunburnt Lanny enjoying Matsumoto Shave Ice.


I also originally had several Stitch poses, but I felt he took away from the triangular twinning effect with the Lilo & Stitch character who constantly drops his ice cream.  Altogether it's a fun play between active and inactive area. May be I'll put Stitch back into the mix if I ever revisit this drawing.

The summer heat has had me craving Matsumoto's lilikoi and guava flavored shave ice.  I haven't made a trip to visit my family in Oahu in a long while but I can still imagine the taste of a magical spoonful of my second favorite island treat.

Here are some layout studies I did of a storybook commission.



Aloha,
Mikey :)

1 comment:

  1. Jan, this is awesome! That peeling paint on the bench is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete